|The horns are still honking!|
I think one of the things that might have struck a chord with the people on Facebook - besides my niece's beautiful smile - was that we put the number of days Kaelyn had been taking treatments. 969 is a lot of days. Then the message on the back car window "Honk for No More Chemo" was fun. It set off a lot of honking all over the country and even the world via keyboards.
The comments have been touching and I wish I could say I've read them all, but too many have come in for me to keep up. I have dipped into them at various times and I'm moved by the love that is evident in the words of those who took the time to write a comment. They are all so happy for Kaelyn and all of her family. The praises and thanks to the Lord are heartfelt and lovely to read. It's great hearing from the cancer survivors and so sad reading about those who didn't make it. And yet, even those families are rejoicing with Kaelyn while grieving the loss of their own child or family member.
So I thought you might like to see some of the comments pulled from the thousands. These are just a few of the many I could have highlighted. I didn't include any names, just the heartfelt messages as they were posted on my Facebook page.
- YAYYY KAELYN! YOU ROCK BABYGIRL!!! Welcome to Cancer-Survivor's Club, not only that but now your a member of the VIP GROUP OF CHILDHOOD CANCER SURVIVOR'S! I'm a member of 19 yrs; it's a AWESOME UNBEATABLE club to be part of! that me & you have ANOTHER THING IN COMMON***my daughter (she's 13 yrs old) her name is KAYLYNN too!!! NEAT!!! EXCELLENT WORK, I KNOW FIRST HAND HOW HARD THAT WALK THROUGH THE BURNING, RAGING FIRES OF CHEMO ARE, AND I COULDN'T BE MORE PROUD OF YOU THAN IF YOU WERE MY OWN CHILD!!! I DON'T KNOW YOU PERSONALLY, BUT I DO KNOW THIS, I KNOW I HAVE LOVE FOR YOU IN MY HEART! GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY! AND ALWAYS BE BRAVE, REMEMBER THE WORST IS BEHIND YOU! ♥
- FANTABOULOUS. See sweetie, cancer can be beaten. I too am in remission when no Dr. said I would survive, in March 2005, I was at end stage. I love you, now get out there and enjoy life, you lil sweet thang.
- GOD BLESS!! My Nephew also found out yesterday that he was cancer free 6 yrs old. God does miracles. I will pray that she stays in good health ♥
- not in a car...but HONK HONK HONK
- That is good....Congrats.....I hope will be doing the same thing for my Sister Linda...
- Well done Kaelyn, my son Quinn has done 1104 days and has 60 more to go, he's having a no more chemo party in October, and we can't wait! Good luck to you and your family for the future.
- We have all known cancer whether it is ourselves, someone in our family, or very good friends, it is so good to hear happy news. What a beautiful smile she has!
- God Bless her, it’s because of kids like her I give to St Jude"s each and every month. PLEASE GIVE what you can.
- My wife is a pediatrician at St. Jude. She's very attached to all her "babies".
- That is wonderful I am happy for your great niece and hope she has many, many happy cancer free years ahead of her
- Been there done that, good for her!!!!!thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Now I feel good, cause I am a regular donater to St. Jude Childrens Hospital. So Happy for You Sweety
- not sure how to triple like on here. YAY
- This is great news. My daughter went thru this when she was small. She was diagnosed with ALL at the age of 7,we finished chemo at age 11 and she now has 2 almost grown daughters. Congrats little one and a big hug. You had to have been very brave.
- So happy for her.. we give to St Judes each month what we can...best hospital ..no child turned away!! bless their hearts ..
- My granddaughter had chemo 15 years ago, she is now 18 and going off to college tomorrow. God is good, congratulations and best wishes for many years to enjoy this precious child.
- Honk! Honk! Honk! Love from Memphis ♥
- I remember that day, too,Kaelyn. Congratulations. I have been Cancer Free for 9 years. (((( HUGS ))))
- Just shared Kaelyn's picture. My son is on day number 19. The photo of her sweet smile gave me hope. She represents the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for posting.
- this is great news!!! Having spent many months with kids with cancer, I celebrate each victory with tears of joy and a song in my heart.
- Yeah ... outstanding little Kaelyn! I'm a survivor and know how tough it is to make it through!
- Kaelyn best wishes for a life of many birthdays! I am fighting cancer too!
- I would have to honk and not stop honking
- Che Dio vi benedica.auguri.(God bless you greetings.) (Translated by Bing)
Thanks for all the honks and blessings to all those still fighting the fight. Thanks for reading.