Wednesday, January 28, 2015

And This Mystery Photo Is...

 


On my last post, I finally found a mystery picture that was a real mystery to you all. A few of you came close but nobody figured out exactly what Sunday night's mystery picture actually was. You did make some great guesses however. 
The stumper mystery photo

Some of you were right there with my title last week saying "what in the world is that?" You were too stumped to come up with a guess. Then again, Mary said she didn't know what it was but thought it might be invading earth. So that would mean it was out of this world. Thank goodness, she wasn't right. :) 

The most popular guess was the sprouts on a potato or roots. Faye thought it might be deformed roots. A couple of you said starfruit. Then there were those of you a bit grossed out by the picture and remembering pictures of the inside of intestines. You can be assured I haven't been taking any pictures like that!

Then we had the creative guesses. Kate guessed a seashell with dingle berries. That was a fun guess. Annette saw an olive covered cheese ball but she admitted the olives were a bit weird. To stick with the cheese theme Patricia guessed cheese or potato through a grater. That showed she was really thinking. Donna guessed orange or grapefruit peel enlarged a lot, I suppose. A few of you thought of cow udders. My sister made an imaginative guess of dust on some sort of special dust rag. The most imaginative part of that guess is imagining I'd been dusting. LOL. 
The Rest of the Picture

Judith was partly right guessing pollen and Robin was nearest to being right by saying a flower with pollen. I suppose you could even say that was right although she didn't say which flower. I assured you that most of you had seen this before but you have probably never taken such an up close look at the bloom of a peace lily. 

Thanks to all of you who guessed and made the mystery picture last week fun. I have to admit I enjoyed stumping you because usually I can't. One more mystery picture to guess up top. This one probably won't be as difficult for you, but remember to guess first and then read the other guesses to make it more fun. 

I'll draw three winners on Sunday using a random number generator online. The winners get their choice of one of my books, (you can see more info about the titles on my website) plus a grab bag book. USA or Canada winners win a print book and if you're overseas, I'll send you an e-book. International postage is a killer. Remember you have to be over 18 to enter but that doesn't mean you can't get your kids to help you guess the mystery pictures. Please leave a way to contact you in case you're one of the winners. If you've already entered, a new guess on the new mystery photo gets you another entry in the drawing. 

Thanks again for dropping by and playing my mystery photo contest. And no, my sister doesn't get to win, just make guesses. She's already got all my books. :)

48 comments:

  1. (This is my first time to stop by here, so I hope I'm doing this correctly...)
    It looks like slow-exposure fireworks to me.
    ~Hannah in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you stop by, Hannah. Like your guess too. I'll enter you in the drawing, but you need to let me know how to contact you if you are one of the winners. Can I find you on FB? You can message your address on my FB page www.facebook.com/anngabhart or e-mail me directly at annhgabhart(at)yahoo(dot)com if you don't want to post it here. Glad you came by to play my mystery photo game.

      Delete
  2. Peacock Feather
    shirley(dot)d(at)outlook(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that guess, Shirley. Come back Sunday to see if you're right and to find out who wins the books.

      Delete
  3. My first guess is a close-up of a butterfly wing. But it also looks like felt, so maybe a blanket. Then again, the white lines look like eyelashes so maybe a close-up of Oscar's eyelid? I think I may be stumped again. thimbleluvr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love butterflies, Amy. You have some good guesses here. Lots of different directions your eyes and imagination are taking you. We'll see if any of your thoughts are right on Sunday. Always fun to have you play my mystery photo game.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ann,
    I am going to say pecock feather, I love that kind of animal. Such beautiful birds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great guess, Danie. Maybe right. Maybe not. Glad you've been playing my mystery photo game. Thanks for sharing it with your Pinterest friends.

      Delete
  5. wow you would never believe it I guess garlic and here I have one of those plants in my kitchen and it has a flower growing on it and one here in my office no flower on that. The currant one I want to guess water splattering out of the sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty sure most of you would have seen a Peace Lily bloom, but it did look pretty weird close up, Peggy. I like your guess on the new picture too. You'll have to come back Sunday to see if you're right. Always fun to have you drop by.

      Delete
  6. First thought on it: cat whiskers...:D Most likely not, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's good to go with that first thought, Julianna. Sometimes it needs further thought. You'll know which your guess is if you come back Sunday. I'm going to put a mystery photo just for fun on there then and reveal the answer to this one and that one both on Sunday. I didn't think I'd be playing fair using the photo I'm going to share on Sunday. You'll see why. Thanks for playing my guessing game.

      Delete
  7. I think it might be cat's eyebrows!
    Thanks for the fun game and good luck to everyone.
    God's Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, Robbye. Maybe right. Maybe not. Come back Sunday to see the "rest of the picture."

      Delete
  8. I'm going with cats whiskers but I'm sure I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to have confidence, Gail. That's not saying you're right, but you never know. :)

      Delete
  9. It looks like some fancy birds top knot . :D Faye Simer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but what kind of fancy bird, Faye? Actually you might not have the right idea, but then again you might. Thanks for playing my guessing game.

      Delete
  10. The first thing I thought of when I saw this is a feather, so I will go with that.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feather seems to be a popular guess. It could even be right, Susan. We will see on Sunday. Thanks for playing my guessing game.

      Delete
  11. Feather. Sm. wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by to play my guessing game, Sharon. It's been fun.

      Delete
  12. My first thought was a feather!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you stop by and give a guess, Britney. Feathers is a great guess. Not saying it's right or wrong - until Sunday.

      Delete
  13. My 1st thought was cat whiskers, but that didn't make sense with the colored section, so I'm going to say a feather duster. And I've got a peace lily...I was so close! ;)
    Robin in NC rw620 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were pretty close on that last one, Robin. In fact, closer than anybody else. I finally found a real stumper with that one. And it was fun knowing that many of you have seen that peace lily bloom. Like your feather duster guess this time. We'll see if you're right on Sunday.

      Delete
  14. I think it is a cat's whisker - but I have no idea how there could be bright red on a cat. Still say - cat's whisker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it that you're sure of your guess in spite of some little worrisome doubts there. We'll see if you were right to be sure on Sunday. Thanks for playing my guessing game, Annette.

      Delete
  15. I think it's a peacock feather
    God bless

    Kazaknight@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be a peacock feather, Karen. When we cleaned out Mom's house we found some peacock feathers that had been in the family ever since any of us could remember. Old peacock feathers. Not saying your guess is right. Just that it could be. :)

      Delete
  16. I think it is a cat's whiskers. : ) Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good guess, Chris. We'll see if it's a right guess on Sunday. Glad you've had fun playing my guessing game.

      Delete
  17. My first thought is a Peacock feather, but that would be too easy. :) I have to think about this one and give another guess later.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, further thought needed, Pat. You have to remember that first mystery photo this time that almost everybody got. Sometimes what I think is mysterious turns out to be too easy for you all. But it could be you're right to give the mystery some more thought. :)

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. Great guesses, Ola. Oscar might be willing to help me out with a mystery photo. A couple of years ago, I had one of his tongue. He has a very unusual tongue. But we'll see on Sunday. Thanks for coming by to play my guessing game. Always fun to hear from you.

      Delete
  19. My guess would be a feather too.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary. Always fun to have you drop by. And your guess is a popular one. We'll see which of you are right on Sunday.

      Delete
  20. Cat whiskers ... except I'm not certain how to explain the blurry red in the photo. So perhaps it is not cat whiskers after all. Perhaps, it is that elusive, "Black and white and red all over" part of the joke. With whiskers. ;-o Hope you are well, Ann. Thanks so much for this fun challenge. It does distract from our dailyness. Please don't stop any time soon! (kristyrobinsonhorine@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kristy. Always fun to hear from you. Hope all is well at your place. I like the idea of the black and white and red (read) all over joke. But it's definitely not a newspaper. LOL. You'll see what that blurry red is on Sunday when the big reveal happens. I'll have to think up something new for a fun contest next month.

      Delete
  21. I am thinking maybe a peacock feather.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peacock feather is a popular guess, Melanie. So you just may be right. Then again all of you may be wrong. Thanks for joining in the fun.

      Delete
  22. Looks like whiskers to me! Always fun! Have a great weekend! Linda
    dmcfarl101(at)juno(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whiskers is another popular guess, Linda, but you and the others could be right and then again you could be wrong. Come back Sunday night to see and to find out who the three winners will be. Also I'm going to share a bonus mystery photo that I could have used but I thought it wouldn't be playing fair.

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Nice guess, Donna. Nobody else has said that yet. We'll see if you're right come Sunday night. Thanks for playing my mystery photo game.

      Delete
  24. the stumper looks like cat whiskers to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try to come up with stumpers, Rhonda. We'll see if I stumped you or not on Sunday. Thanks for dropping by with a guess.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation. I like hearing what you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.