Sunday, January 25, 2015

What in the World is That?

New Mystery Photo

Great Guesses

You all are the most fun! Love the guesses and I have to admit that I'm glad I did finally trick a few of you with my mystery picture. I still think it sort of looks like a fish head and NOBODY guessed anything near that. But somebody did guess a caterpillar under snow. That has to be the most creative guess so far although the yellow snow the result of a polar bear passing by was certainly very interesting!! Or at least, entertaining. 

We actually had snow Saturday here. I happened to be out of state visiting my daughter in a state to the south and missed it, but wow, the photos I saw on Facebook were gorgeous. Still, I didn't see any of polar bears in our area. LOL. Thank goodness!!

There were also guesses of Angel Food or lemon sponge cake and one of you simply guessed a lemon. I can see all those guesses. I liked the one where you suggested the pineapple was floating in a bowl of punch for a baby boy shower. A baby boy because of the blue, I'm sure. 

The Rest of the Picture

As you can see from the "rest of the picture" posted here, many of you were right when you guessed pineapple. That was a nice plate of fruit I got at Bistro Restaurant inside JosephBeth Bookstore last week. I had one of those doctor appointments where they order you to skip breakfast. So, I mostly went in to get a cup of tea for a bit of a caffeine fix at the Bistro, To my distress, they were out of black tea. So I settled for fruit. I need to carry tea bags in my purse the way my agent does. She orders a cup of hot water and then brings out a sleeve of tea bags. I would have been happy with one plain old Lipton bag. What some of you thought looked like "snow" in the picture is actually sugar I sprinkled on the fruit. A little sugar always makes things better. :) And a cup of black tea! Of course, just getting to go to the bookstore is a treat. 

On to the Next Challenge

So now on to the next challenge. Know what the picture up top is? If the first guesser gets this one, I may throw in the towel and give up on ever tricking you all!! My daughter and son-in-law kept suggesting I take a picture of this or that to make into a mystery photo while I was visiting them this weekend. I did not take this one in SC. That's the only hint I'm giving you. You don't need hints. You always guess right!

But right or wrong, a guess or even a "what in the world is that" gets you another entry into my drawing for one of my books and a grab bag book by a different author. Remember, if you are overseas, you can only win an e-book. You have to be 18 to enter. Feel free, however, to enlist the help of your kids in the guessing fun to figure out the photos. Please leave your e-mail or a way I can contact you just in case you are one of the three lucky winners.  

And thanks for guessing and joining in the fun. One more mystery picture on Wednesday and I'll draw for the winners on February 1st. Each guess on a different picture gets you an additional entry.




43 comments:

  1. You have me stumped on this one. I am coming up blank.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, I've stumped you. :) But you still get your entry in the drawing. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. This is some kind of*deformed* root vegetable or spice ! LOL Faye Simer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look a bit deformed, Faye, but I promise it's not and that you have probably seen it many times. :)

      Delete
  3. This reminds me of a picture I saw years ago of the inside of an intestine, but I'm sure (I hope!) that's not the case. I'm stumped on this one, too, but thanks for the fun Monday morning brain workout. :) thimbleluvr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Amy. That is not the case. LOL. I tested this one on my daughter and son-in-law and they both thought it would be a stumper. But it is something you've probably seen and fairly often. Thanks for dropping by with a guess, or a sort of guess.

      Delete
  4. This one is hard . . . sort of reminds me of a peeled head of garlic that was left in water or maybe a jar? I can't wait to hear what it is. You are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great guess, Chris. Not saying it's right or wrong, but you can find out late Wednesday or early Thursday when the "rest of the picture" is revealed. I'm glad I finally got a mystery photo that is proving to be a mystery to some of you. :)

      Delete
  5. It makes me think of rootlets sprouting from an iris rhizome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, Mary. This one is a hard one. You'll have to wait until Wednesday to see what in the world it is. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks like some kind of fruit. Like star fruit
    oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it is, it's a white potatoes root stubs
      oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Great guesses, Danie. But you'll have to wait a few days to see if you're right. That would be a lot of eyes on that potato, :)

      Delete
  7. This is a good one Ann, my only guess is maybe a seashell but the dingle berries stump me lol but there it is.Thanks for the intrigue..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun to make a guess whether it turns out to be right or not, Kate. Intrigue is a good word for me to be burying in my thoughts today since I'm trying to get going on an intriguing new idea. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. This is a good one Ann, my only guess is maybe a seashell but the dingle berries stump me lol but there it is.Thanks for the intrigue..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no clue but I'll guess some sort of vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm stumping most everybody, Gail, but I think you will recognize it when you see the rest of the picture on Wednesday night.

      Delete
  10. I am going to guess potato sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the popular guess, Beverly. Could be right. Could be wrong. Wednesday we'll find out. Well, I already know, but I've got to keep the suspense going. :)

      Delete
  11. How about a daffodil bulb? It's a guess anyway! What fun. Thanks always for the day brightener. Linda
    dmcfarl101(at)juno(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the most cheerful guess yet, Linda. Not saying it's right, but at least it makes us think spring. Glad you're enjoying my guessing game.

      Delete
  12. Potato or cheese being pushed through a grater. ;) (Pa)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic guess, Pat. May be right. May not be right, but it's a great guess. Thanks for playing. I got your info on FB.

      Delete
  13. wow I think it looking like something gross but I am going to guess small garlics growing out of a big bulb and I know that isn't right but besides a calf intestine ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm grossing your out, Patty, but I promise it's not really something gross. Garlics out of a big bulb is an interesting guess. You'll know what it is when you see the rest of the picture on Wednesday.

      Delete
    2. Oops, I think I got your name wrong. It's Peggy, isn't it? Sorry about that. I guess the pt has my mind going straight to Patty.

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. The farm girl has spoken, eh, Linda? Lots of places for that calf to nurse. Not saying you're right, just that I wondered if anybody would guess that. :)

      Delete
  15. Wow! That's so tough, it's hard to even take a wild stab at it! It's obviously live...how about the inside of a flower with pollen still in it?
    Robin in NC rw620{at}aol{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great guess, Robin. Come back Wednesday to see if your wild stab is right. :)

      Delete
  16. A cheese ball decorated with olives - but the olives are not quite ripe and obviously have not had any pimento stuffing yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pimento stuffing for sure, Annette. An olive covered cheese ball is an interesting guess. Got you thinking anyway. But if you want to be in the drawing, I'll need a hint on how to get in touch in case you win.

      Delete
  17. I'm not sure, but it looks like it's about to invade planet Earth.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary, Mary! Watch out for aliens. Let's hope it's much smaller than it appears in the mystery picture. Fun guess, Mary.

      Delete
  18. I'm not sure on this one but I'm guessing the inside of an orange or grapefruit peeling. d[dot]brookmyer[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting guess, Donna. I can see what you're seeing, but not ready to say if you're right or wrong. Wednesday is "rest of the picture" day. :)

      Delete
  19. I thought like others it was new shoots on a potato, but my guess now is a magnifies view of a natural sponge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potato sprouts does seem to be the popular answer, Karen. A magnified view of a sponge is a great guess too. We'll see on Wednesday if anybody was right.

      Delete
  20. I am totally STUMPED, can't even begin to guess! Great challenge.
    Good luck to everyone and thanks for the chance to win!
    robbyefaye(@)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not the only one stumped, Robbye. Nobody has gotten this one yet though a couple of the guesses were at least in the ballpark. :) Getting ready to show the rest of the photo tonight and have one more mystery photo for you to guess before I draw for winners Sunday.

      Delete
  21. I am going to say some kind of flower bulb, although I really don't know. You did good with this one, Ann!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally I stumped you guys, Melanie. A few got close but unless a right guess comes sliding into home in the next hour, I'm going to be showing you all something you didn't quite see. I doubt if the next mystery photo will be as hard. Can't hit a homerun every time. You think I might be wishing for spring with all these baseball analogies?

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation. I like hearing what you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.