Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Need a Few Influencers for a New Shaker Book




"The people who influence you are the people who believe in you." 
    ~Henry Drummond





I am blessed by the influence of so many people who have believed in me through the years. My mother, first and foremost, always believed I could do whatever I set out to do. That's not to say she might not have been a little surprised when I had the dream to be a writer and actually publish books. 

Sometimes when I think about that, I'm a little surprised! Not that I wanted to write, but that I do have books published that people like you actually read. That is a blessing I don't take for granted. I'm grateful for every reader. I'm thankful every time any of you tell one of your reading friends about my books. I appreciate every time you read my this-and-that blog posts and when you leave comments here or play my guessing games. (I'm still smiling about finally getting a mystery photo that stumped you last time. I'm also trying to come up with something new that might be fun.) 


Many of you who read my blog are also faithful readers of my books and have followed me from Hollyhill to Harmony Hill to Rosey Corner and to 1855 Louisville. I love how you've been willing to read my different types of stories. 

This summer, I'm going back to my Harmony Hill Shaker village for a new book, The Innocent. That's why I posted this with a Shaker house picture. I really didn't think I'd write another Shaker book, but then these characters came to mind and it seemed like the thing to do. I guess I'll see if it really was come July when I find out if readers are ready to go back to Harmony Hill too. The book is already available for pre-order on Amazon

So now I'm looking for ten or twelve readers who might like to be what is called "influencers" in the publishing business. These people get a hot off the press copy of the book and in return perhaps talk about the book to their reading friends and suggest it to their book clubs or libraries. They might post reviews on internet sites or their own blogs if they have blogs or talk it up on other social media sites if the story is one the reader liked. Word of mouth really is the best advertisement a writer can get. These are just suggested things. There is no obligation to do anything if you don't want to other than receive the book and promise to give it a read. 

If any of you would like to give this influencing bit a try, just let me know. If I get more people who would like to be on my influencer list than the list can accomodate, I'll draw out twelve names. You can leave your e-mail information here in a comment or e-mail me directly at annhgabhart(at)yahoo(dot)com. 

And thanks so much. I am blessed to have you as reading friends.





47 comments:

  1. I would love to be an influencer my email address is belovedgraceful(At)bellsouth(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your books Ann. I would love to be an influencer. rlepree(at)musfiber(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good of you to read my books. I'll be in touch.

      Delete
  3. Would love to read as an influencer for your new book. email: rebunting(at)yahoo(dot)com thank you for considering me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Robin. I hope I can have room on my list for everybody.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ann! I would love to be an influencer for you. If I can help, just let me know.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to see your comments here, Melanie. I'll be in touch.

      Delete
  5. I love all your books and would love to help you out. bjsadler at bellsouth dot net
    bjsadler@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, how nice of you to be willing to help. I'll see how it works out. I hope I have room on the list for everybody.

      Delete
  6. Ann, I'd be extremely honored if you considered me to help you with this. I would love to spread the news about your new book. Just let me know if I can help. shirley(dot)d(at)outlook(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, it's always good to hear from you here and on FB. I'll be in contact.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure you will get an avalanche of those wanting to be Influencers for your new book The Innocent and I would love to throw my name in the hat. Thank you for considering me! Linda
    dmcfarl101(at)juno(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about an avalanche, Linda, but I am hearing from some good reading friends like you. I'll let you know how it works out.

      Delete
  8. Ann, this is my third try for some reason (Google ALWAYS does this to me-makes me rewrite and rewrite-good training, I guess!)
    I would love to review your new book. I just recently finished Christmas at Harmony Hill and really enjoyed it. I plan to do a blog review about it in the next week or so.
    I can be reached at robbyefaye(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbye, I hate it when I try to leave a comment and it keeps doing something weird. I usually give up. I'm glad you didn't. Thanks for reading my Shaker Christmas book. Let me know when you post your review. I'll be in touch soon.

      Delete
  9. I would love to be an influencer for you, Ann!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy hearing from you here, Britney. I'll have to see if I've got enough spots for everybody, but I hope I do.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great! I would enjoy being among the first to read your newest book. My email address is sweetrunfarm@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you volunteering, Nancy. I've had a lot of offers, so I may have to draw for those I add to my list. Or make my list longer. :)

      Delete
  12. I would be pleased to read one of your books and to tell others about that book. In this case, My email tjmc05@gmail.com Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, GMCT. I appreciate you holding up your hand to maybe help me out. I may have to draw some names out. Not sure I'll have enough books for everybody, but I'll let you know.

      Delete
  13. I would be an Influencer for your book. I enjoyed Heart of Hollyhill series. Sm. Wileygreen1(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon. The Shaker books are a bit different from the Heart of Hollyhill series, but you might still enjoy the story. I'll let you know after I draw my 12 or 15 names.

      Delete
  14. Would love to read your newest book and spread the good word Ann. Have read all of the Shaker books you have written. Love each and everyone!
    My email stackait01@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you've enjoyed my Shaker books, Stacy, and hope you will enjoy the new one. If I draw your name as one of the influencers, I'll let you know. I hope to be able to include almost everyone who has volunteered so far.

      Delete
  15. I would love to read and promote your book to my friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nanc g. That's so nice of you, but I have to have a way to contact you.

      Delete
  16. I would love to be a part of your team if you have room. My email is griperang at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fighting a deadline right now, Angela, but I'll see how many people I can add to the list soon and be in touch. I appreciate you volunteering to help.

      Delete
  17. I would love to read this book for you and share with others, talk to family and friends, share on FB and try to get in my two Libraries. I have the set except for this one.
    Maxie Anderson > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maxie. That's kind of you. I'll see if I can work everybody in, but I may have to have a drawing to narrow down the list. I'm blown away by so many of you sweet people volunteering to help me.

      Delete
  18. Oh my gosh. I would most definitely like to be considered to read the book for you. This is right in my line of interest and I think I could be of value. Thanks for considering me. It would be my pleasure and my honor.
    Karen Cushing
    sweetnessnlight (at) Comcast (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I appreciate your eagerness to help. I'm working on an editing deadline right now so it may be a few days before I can figure out if I have enough spaces for all the great people who want to help out. I like that you think the story would interest you. I'll be in touch.

      Delete
  19. I would love to read your book. I've read most of your Shaker books and I've always enjoyed your books. Would be glad to read it and leave reviews. If I'm not selected, then I would be glad to take bookmarks around to some of the book stores here in town, hand them out to other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I do appreciate your offer of help whether I have room to include you in my influencer list or not. I am getting more offers than I expected. But whether I can add everybody or not, I would still love to send you some bookmarks. The only problem is you didn't leave your e-mail or a way to contact you.

      Delete
  20. I love your books and would love to be an influencer.
    Thereadmaster@me.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Virginia. I'll get things sorted out soon and contact you. It's so nice to have people ready to read my books and help me out.

      Delete
  21. I would be honored to be included in reading your book. I'll pass the word along by telling our readers in the church library.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. I'm going to try to include as many of you as I can. I'll get things worked out with my edits soon and be in touch. Love libraries.

      Delete
  22. It is refreshing to read religious books. So many books contain things that are not worth spending one's time on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gladys. I like being able to include my characters' faith journeys in my stories.

      Delete
  23. Would love to be an influencer. I read all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that so much, Donna. Not sure I'll be able to include everybody who volunteered, but I'm going to try to sort out things and see how it works out next week. I would need a way to contact you.

      Delete
  24. I just wanted to say how happy I am to hear youve decided to write another Shaker Book. I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great. Good to know I have some readers out there looking forward to returning to Harmony Hill. Thanks, Kevin.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation. I like hearing what you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.