Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meet Me in St Louis

One of the fun things about writing in the Christian market is the writer friends you get to meet. Here I am with Laura Frantz. Laura published her first book, The Frontiersman's Daughter, a few years ago. She lives in Washington state but she has Ky roots and is published by the same company as I am. So she e-mailed me with some questions about the publishing process. She learned well and has published several books since then that have proven very popular with readers and are always up for awards. 

Her latest, Love's Reckoning, is up for a Christy this year. The Christy is a prestigious Christian book award and I've dreamed of one of my books maybe someday being a finalist. So far that hasn't happened, but I'm happy for Laura and the others who are up for the awards. Guess I need to let Laura teach me a thing or two now about writing award winning books. :)

So I'm going to be meeting writing friends here in St Louis. And making new friends too. Do you think anyone will send me flowers? Actually Laura surprised me with flowers after I'd answered her questions about what next on the publishing process for that first book. So I'm still on theme with my flower stories. And you can still jump in and throw your name in my hat for my Small Town Girl Celebration Giveaway. Fun prizes. You can check out details on my website, www.annhgabhart.com.
  
I'm doing this on my iPhone so if weird words show up, it's all the phone's fault. 


9 comments:

  1. Love seeing you and Laura together, Ann. Laura is wonderful about surprise gifts. :) I have one that she sent me sitting on my shelf. I hope you're having fun at ICRS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great seeing Laura. She is every bit as nice as she looks and writes great stories. She didn't win the Christy but it's fantastic to be a finalist.

      Delete
  2. Hey its good to see two of my KY authors together, your great big smiles tell me you have a wonderful time together...
    St Louis and meeting new friends sounds good to me, have fun...
    Paula O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having a good time, Paula. Glad you like Laura's books too.

      Delete
  3. So nice to see this post Ann as Laura happens to be such a wonderful author (she won me over with The Colonel's Lady).
    I am counting my blessings (yet again): I was chosen to review Small Town Girl!
    Happy Days to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noelle, I liked The Colonel's Lady too. Great story and it's been fun seeing her here.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I hope you enjoy Small Town Girl. Great that you're getting g to review it, Noelle.

      Delete
  4. Two ferry rides, one evening and Chapter 19 almost done...Hooked!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation. I like hearing what you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.