Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Small Town Girl is Here!

The UPS man came calling yesterday and when I opened my door, there on my the step was that much awaited package - my new book, Small Town Girl. All my words neatly printed and packaged in a great cover. There's our small town girl, Kate in her red dress standing on her front porch thinking romantic thoughts. She is, don't you think? And here I am inviting readers to return to Rosey Corner five years after Angel Sister to see what happens to the Merritt sisters when romance starts knocking on their doors.

My publisher has this great perk that lets me (and other authors too) get some free books by other writers from the catalog where my books are featured. That means I often get padded envelopes from my publisher with books inside. So I wasn't really expecting MY book. In fact, I almost pitched the package down on the table to open later. It was a fun surprise when I opened it up and pulled out Kate. I'd seen the front cover on the internet, but this was my first peek at the back cover. I liked it too.

I've been blessed to hold a lot of first copies of my books in my hands, and each time the thrill is still there when I see the printed book with my name as author. Somebody, actually several somebodies, believed my story was good enough to take my words and print them in a book to go out to stores for readers to maybe look at and buy. What a wonderful circle of author, editor, publisher and reader! Could be, I should put reviewer in there somewhere too. If you write reviews, I appreciate you. It's not always easy to condense what a book is about and what you think about it into two or three paragraphs. You have to make every word count.

Of course, that's what writers are supposed to do all the time. I figure with twenty-four books published (I think) and several still unpublished I'm nearing two million words I've written down and rearranged and deleted and added and squeezed and plumped to try to make my stories ones readers like you might pick up and settle down in your reading chair and want to stay with the story for a while. And now I have a new story, Small Town Girl, coming your way. 

A newsletter will also be coming your way if you're on my e-mail newsletter list. As always I'm having a giveaway. Newsletter subscribers get to see that news first, but I'll be putting it on here come Sunday night. I'll also be revealing the winner of the e-book version of Mother Earth Father Sky by Sue Harrison. I hope you enjoyed her visit to One Writer's Journal as much as I did. If you haven't left a comment on her post yet, you still can to get your name in the pot for the free book. And come July, I'll be having a special blog only giveaway. So stay tuned and we'll have some fun going back to Rosey Corner.

Thanks for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Love to see that "bestselling author" on there! Congrats, Ann. I can't wait to read this one. I loved Angel Sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty. I'll hope this one is at least a goodselling book. Also hoping readers will like the grown-up Kate.

      Delete
  2. I am excited for you. I have loved all of your books that I have read and looking forward to Small Town Girl. Love the cover and title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Glad you think the cover and title are good. I like Kate's red dress and the swing in the background. I appreciate you reading my books!

      Delete
  3. Will be looking forward to reading your newest book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Shirley. I hope you'll like my new Rosey Corner story.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ann, Finally back from my mom's with internet access again. Can't wait to read "Small Town Girl" and love the red dress. I enjoyed "Angel Sister". It must be a thrill to hold a book you wrote in your hands realizing that others will be blessed by your words. I'm confident I will never write a book (although I do enjoy writing reviews) but I love to read. Have a blessed week and Congratulations! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you back, Linda. Hope you had a good visit with your Mom. I'll look for your review of Small Town Girl when you get a chance to read the story. And I do hope people will be blessed by the story and enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Okay, I don't win either. I do have a story to share. Several years ago working at the local library there was a bunch of pretty flowers left by the backdoor. Being we are all women at the library everyone was speculating who got the flowers. It was so fun to hear everyone wondering who it might be, and just what the flowers might mean for the receiver. I didn't have the heart to tell all those single girls that they were for me as all the flowers in the bouquet were from my yard and delivered by my sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fun story, Dawn. Thanks for sharing it with us. Secret admirers always get a girl's interests stirred up. What fun that your husband delivered the flowers that way, but wonder if any of the other husbands or sweethearts got credit? I'll enter you in the drawings.

      Delete
  6. I got a surprise bouquet once from a niece on Mother's Day. It was in the middle of hot Houston summer. I came home and lying on the porch in the bright sun was this long box. When I saw it said flowers, I tho't so much for these flowers. I took them in the house and opened the box and there was a beautiful bouquet of Tulips, and a vase. Perfectly good. Was I surprised. That is the only time I ever received a bouquet in a box. Hard to believe Ann, that this Christmas book. I had come to the conclusion from other authors, was like all of the Publishers ask for a Christmas book. I am way behind on Jocie. Gotta see if I can go backwards and catch up. For some reason I tho't her site had ended. And,, I loved it. Please enter me in the drawing. I didn't see where to enter. Sorry your sweet mother is getting worse. Take care and GOd bless. MAXIE mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your flower story, Maxie. My son sent me a similar box of tulips on Mother's Day this year. And those flowers do travel well in those boxes. I'd never done a Christmas book, Maxie, because most of them are contemporary instead of historical. I'd love to do a Rosey Corner one someday, but not sure that's going to fly with the publishers. Maybe a Hollyhill one someday will work. Hope you will go to Hollyhill Book of the Strange and see what Jocie is up to. Always great hearing from you. I'll throw your name in the drawing hat.

      Delete
  7. Love your books...would love to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa. I'll enter you in the drawing.

      Delete

Thanks for joining the conversation. I like hearing what you have to say. Thanks for dropping by.